The relevance of asset management in driving the global infrastructure agenda and addressing climate change, resilience, sustainability, and equity.
With infrastructure high on the global agenda, we remain committed to helping governments, investors, asset owners, operators, and managers maximize value from assets. To ensure the IAM remains on the right strategic path, the Board and Council recently cataloged the top mega-trends impacting the asset management community at a global level.
Draft Mega-Trends Position Paper
A draft position paper has been produced documenting the nine mega-trends impacting the asset management community for 2022:
- Trend 1: Climate Change, Net-Zero, and Sustainability
- Trend 2: Resilience, Futureproofing and Risk Management
- Trend 3: Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)
- Trend 4: Equity and Social Justice (ESJ)
- Trend 5: Societal Well-Being
- Trend 6: Sustaining Delivery Capability – Human Capital, Outsourcing and the Supply Chain
- Trend 7: Digital, Data Transparency and Disruptive Technologies
- Trend 8: Cyber and Physical Security - Critical Infrastructure is the Modern Battleground
- Trend 9: Infrastructure Deficit, Asset Modernization and Changing Service Requirements
The paper sets out how asset management can contribute to the opportunities and resolve the global challenges we all face. It is our intention to update these trends on an annual basis and utilize this information to direct our technical work and improve our services to the communities we support.
Join the Mega-Trends 2022 Discussion
This report is for consultation, and we welcome input and comments from anyone interested in the world around us. We would really value your input and comments on this paper so please join the discussion today in our new IAM Discussion Forum.
Taking the Discussion Forward
We will be collating the contributions from this discussion to use during a workshop on mega trends 2022 at the Global Virtual Conference which is taking place from 15-16 June 2022. We are aiming to issue a final copy of the mega-trends position paper for 2022 following the conference.